I love hearing about how others spend their days and got totally inspired to share my day after reading what a great blogger, Mama Smiles, wrote all about her day.
So, I last Thursday I pulled out my pen and paper and wrote down everything we did throughout the day. I hope I don’t bore you, but here’s a day in our life.
- It’s 6:00am and I wake up, shower, make the bed, and drink my first cup of coffee.
- I usually get J out of bed at 6:45, but he decided to sleep a little later, so I sit at my computer and get a few things checked off my to-do list.
- J finally wakes so I get him out of bed, change his diaper, and take him downstairs to watch one TV show (Team Umizumi). I watch most of the show with him until it’s time to get breakfast started.
- We both eat oatmeal with bananas and a side of yogurt.
- J decides he wants to paint while I clean up after breakfast. He sits at the table and quietly paints until he says “All Done” and I help him clean up. This is the first time he’s chosen to paint and the first time he did it without me sitting next to him. I am pleasantly surprised that he did so well!
- We go upstairs and J plays some what independently with his trucks and cars while I get dressed and put on my makeup.
- I get J dressed. He decides to wear a new shirt with a big truck on it.
- We head out to the library to check out books for the week. He picks out Byron Barton books again. I really must buy these for him instead of just borrowing them from the library every week.
- We then go on our weekly grocery store run.
- Back home for lunch which consists of quesadillas, peas, pears, and a few tortilla chips.
- J helps me clean up around the house and then I vacuum the carpet upstairs. I finish a load of laundry and put it all away.
- J goes down for a nap and I finish my housework, blog a bit, and make some phone calls.
- J wakes up early so I get him out before he crawls out of the crib by himself.
- Snack consists of goat cheese on crackers and grapes…J’s favorite. He continues to ask for crackers and cheese, but I cut him off so he doesn’t ruin his dinner.
- J sees his sensory tub and wants to play. So, I let him decide what he wants to put inside. He plays for about 20 minutes.
- It’s then outside time in the backyard. We play in the sandbox, with his tools, and trucks. He learns how to push me in the swing. We play for about an hour.
- We go inside so I can start dinner. J writes on the wall with a pencil and then learns how an eraser works.
- We run around playing hide-and-seek, tickle monster, and dance while we wait for dinner to cook in the oven.
- After dinner (homemade pizza, asparagus, and blueberries for dessert) we look at pictures of the family and play downstairs.
- I give J a bubble filled bath…which ends quicker than he wanted due to the amount of water he managed to get outside the tub.
- We play and read books for a few minutes before bedtime.
- After J’s in bed, I sit on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and watch crappy television shows until I go to bed.
As the day went on my notes became less detailed. I know that he probably had at least one moment of frustration, but I don’t remember when or about what. Overall, it was a good day for both of us.
You might notice that my husband is not mentioned. Unfortunately, his job takes him away from us on a fairly regular basis. We are very grateful that this is about to change…and so are a lot of things in our lives….more on that later!
So, how do you spend your days? Anything like mine?