I am a few short weeks away from my little guy’s due date and we’ve started talking more and more about the new baby with J. I have already introduced him to his new baby doll, and have been reading his baby book with him. Last week, we went to the library to pick out some new books about new babies.
Several of the new baby books were already checked out…I guess there are a lot of babies on their way around here. But, I was able to score 3 really good books that J likes.
1. The New Baby: by Mercer Mayer. J loves the Little Critter books, so I knew I found a keeper when I spotted this one. It’s a great book that talks about the stuff you can do with a little baby.
2. Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for Baby?: Barney Saltzberg, This is a super simple book that is great for lots of ages. It talks a bit about what having a new baby means and touches a bit on the jealousy a child may feel towards the new baby.
3. You’re a Brother, Little Bunny: Maribeth Boelts, This book is really fantastic because it talks about getting ready for the new baby and how there can be feelings of jealousy. I love how the parents in the book handle Little Bunny when he starts to feel a bit jealous of the new baby. I really appreciate how it doesn’t talk bad about the baby and still portrays him in a good light in spite of the jealous feelings.
Well, my babe is due in 3 weeks, but I still have a couple more ideas on how to prepare a tot for a younger sibling. I plan on getting a post out before the babe comes…unless he decides to make an early appearance!
Let me know…what are your best tips for preparing a toddler for this big change? I would love to have a few more ideas and I’m sure others want to know too!
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- One Magical Phrase That Will Get You and Your Spouse on the Same Parenting Page - March 13, 2019
- The Most Powerful Response When Your Child is Inconsolable - February 11, 2019
- 5 Myths About Mom Guilt, Debunked - February 8, 2019