“I’m trying not to yell…I really am. But, it seems like that is the only way I can get my kids to listen to me. Just don’t know what to do. Help!”
I’ve heard this more times than I can count.
“Why won’t my child listen to me!?”
Why Your Child Won’t Listen
1. They’ve been trained to. If your child won’t listen it’s because they have been trained that their parents don’t really mean what they says unless they’re yelling. So they tune you out or don’t act until you get frustrated enough that you start yelling.
2. Ineffective parenting techniques. Every parent needs a toolbox of parenting tips to pull from. A well-equipped Mama will have the right tools she needs to handle any behavior or problem that may arise.
Sometimes we have old, outdated tools that just don’t work well anymore, or only one or two tools that don’t work for every situation. We constantly need to be updating our toolboxes and finding techniques that work.
3. Counterwill. Counterwill is the instinct to refuse to do something when you’re asked to because you aren’t happy with the person asking. Think about your spouse/partner, parent, or even boss. If you aren’t happy with them and they start asking you for favors, you’ll either refuse or do it with an unhappy attitude…right?
The same thing happens with your kids.
Counterwill is a huge reason why kids don’t listen to their parents. I talk more about it in the workshop below.
How Can I Get My Child To Listen Without Yelling or Nagging?
Well, I have two awesome ways to get your child to listen without all the yelling.
This workshop is not only full of information on exactly WHY your children don’t listen but also some key things most well-intentioned parents do that contribute to their kids not listening.
It is an hour-long workshop that you can watch at a time that works for you.
During this workshop, you’ll fill up your toolbox full of tools that really do work, get insights into why your kids act the way they do, and how you can get them to listen without having to yell.
I promise that you’ll walk away feeling empowered and able to handle even the most difficult situations.
Mama’s Anger Management
Mama’s Anger Management is a four-week program that will help you understand why we yell. You will find what triggers your anger and ways to work around those triggers so that you don’t end up yelling. You will also learn ways to calm yourself before you scream and let go of all that anger and frustration.
But best of all…
This course will help you transform your relationships with your children.
With these two tools, you’ll have everything you need to stop yelling!
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Creating Rules that Kids Will Actually Follow - April 14, 2021
- Better Mornings with Fewer Power Struggles - March 15, 2021
- One Magical Phrase That Will Get You and Your Spouse on the Same Parenting Page - March 13, 2019