My older son is turning 4. Four!!! How did this kid get so big? *sigh*
Anyway, I’ve been looking back over what all we did the past year, and there is so much! We played really hard this year and did some really fun stuff. Some of it I blogged about, some I didn’t, but let me tell you, this year ROCKED!
Because we had so much fun, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite activities.
So here they are, The Top 10 Activities for 3 year olds!
1. Arctic Animal Rescue – We did this on a really warm day last summer and did it again for several days after that. He kept asking to “Save the Animals!”
2. Color Sorting Graph – This took a bit of time to set up, but he played with it all day that day. This one is totally worth the effort!
3. Alphabet Soup – Oh Alphabet Soup….we are STILL making alphabet soup around here. This one is a total keeper and one that he asks for all the time.
4. Make a Runway – Ha! We just brought out our runway again today and he played with it most of the morning. Love how it’s reusable!
5. Googly Eye Dough Hunt – An accident that turned into an amazing sensory experience. It’s simple and this dough is probably the best thing we’ve made in a long time.
6. Playdough Monsters – This is one of those activities that started off one way and took an unexpected turn…in a great way. I love it when kids take over and make something great!
7. Color & Shape Jump – A simple activity that teaches so much! It’s great for large motor skills, shape and color recognition, and following directions.
8. Build a City – Another one that took a bit of time to set up, but worth every minute. This gem stayed up for almost a week and got some serious play time!
9. Snowy Railroad – My son kept asking for a snowy railroad, so I figured out a way to make one. If your child loves trains, this one is a “must do”.
10. Spider Web Run! – This is hands down my favorite activity of the year. We do this every Halloween, but can be done anytime of the year. It’s seriously the BEST!
So there you have it, or Top 10 Activities for 3 year olds.
What would you add to the list?
Want to see last year’s top 10? Check out Top 10 Activities for Toddlers.
Want more Playful Activities for Preschoolers? Check out this eBook filled with over 25 activities just for your 3-5 year old. Click the picture to find out more.