I first saw this foil river over at Little Panda’s Playschool and fell in love with it. I pinned it forever ago but am just now getting to doing it with J.
I started out by making ice boats to float down the river.
- I first taped down the small end of bendy straws in my muffin tin.
- I filled each hole with colored water
- Threw them in the freezer to freeze
- I then cut triangles out of colored paper
- Then I punched two holes to in each triangle
- I strung the straw through the holes to make a sail.
I laid out the hose to make the river. I then placed green water beads and the ice boats for J to sail down the river.
J had so much fun with this. His favorite part was watching the water beads float down the river.
The boats got a little stuck on the way down, but it was cool to see how they changed the color of the water on the way down.
He really loved getting his feet wet…and the rest of his body!
J then decided that the water hose was the best toy ever. It was at this point that I put away my very nice camera, which was a good idea since we both got soaked!