Mom Funk (n): A dejected mood felt by mothers. Symptoms of a mom funk include sadness, frustration, anger, stress, overwhelm, and extreme need to be left alone.
Mom Funks happen to everyone. We all go through times in our lives when we just aren’t all that happy. We are more emotional, less patient, and more solitary.
Some symptoms of a Mom Funk are:
- feeling a bit blah…kind of lazy…and not very productive.
- spending too much time looking at screens instead of at your kids
- refreshing your email more than your soul
- eating junk instead of the fruits and veggies in your fridge
- spending more time on the couch instead of on your feet
- being bored, lazy and overall unproductive.
- yelling more and irritable a lot of the time.
The Mom Funk is strong. It holds you down and covers you in thick negativity that’s hard to break through. But it is possible to shake off the funk.
I know, I’ve done it.
Yes, The Funk is strong, but it’s not a life sentence. I’m a Therapist, and I have the tools you need to chisel your way out.
In this 7 Day Email Challenge, you’ll learn how to:
- build a life filled with gratitude and joy
- create a daily self-care practice that’s tailored to your busy lifestyle
- discover what activities you love and enjoy doing
- get the tools you need to yell less, love more, and have happier days with your children.
It’s all delivered in 7 quick emails sent straight to your inbox. Sign up here, it’s free!