J is 2.5 years old and this is the first year where he is starting to understand the idea of Christmas. I was super excited to do an Advent Calendar with him this year that included lots of fun activities an treats. I really wanted to come up with some fun ideas that are good for his age. Many of the Advent Calendar ideas I’ve seen are for much older children and J just isn’t capable of doing a lot of things suggested or won’t get the meaning behind them. So, after I completed filling our Calendar, I thought that I should share it with you as well. Sometimes finding things for young children can be difficult.
Here’s our list of Advent activities for 2012.
A few notes….We are planning on a weekly movie night as well as watching Christmas TV show each week, so you’ll see those a few times on our list. Since J can’t read, each activity has some sort of symbol or drawing to help him figure out his treat.
1. Christmas sensory box
2. Christmas Movie Night
3. Christmas Stickers
4. Drink Hot Chocolate
5. Christmas TV Show
6. Decorate Felt Christmas Tree
7. Make Christmas cookies
8. Christmas lights at the Zoo
9. Christmas Movie Night
10. Deliver cookies to friends
11. Make Wrapping Paper (something similar to this)
12. Christmas TV Show
13. Make salt dough ornaments
14. Christmas Story Time at the Library
15. Piece of chocolate
16. Christmas Movie Night
17. Play with red and green playdough
18. Have a candy cane hunt
19. Christmas TV show
20. Make chex mix
21. Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt L come to visit (placed a picture of family in the calendar)
22. Visit Santa
23. Christmas Movie Night
24. Look at Christmas lights
I’ll be posting about all the fun activities planned throughout the month, so make sure you stop by to see them!
Oh! Follow me on Pinterest to see all the fun Holiday stuff I pin! I LOVE this time of year!
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- One Magical Phrase That Will Get You and Your Spouse on the Same Parenting Page - March 13, 2019
- The Most Powerful Response When Your Child is Inconsolable - February 11, 2019
- 5 Myths About Mom Guilt, Debunked - February 8, 2019