J has been very interested in letters lately so I decided that he would probably like a letter matching game.
It was super easy to make.
- I typed up the alphabet using different colors for the letters.
- Printed out 2 copies onto cardstock paper
- Cut the letters out of one copy
- Attached magnets to the back of each letter and to each sheet of letters.
- I used an upside down cookie sheet for J to attach the magnet letters to.
J takes each letter and matches it to the letters on full sheets of paper. Since they are magnetic they stay where J places them.
I hung it on the fridge so that J can play with it anytime. However, he really likes to play with it on the cookie sheet more than the fridge. This has been a fun game that J continues to come back to over and over again.
Are you following on Facebook yet? Come on over to see what we’re up to!
Nice and easy alphabet activity. I’ve been looking for work box ideas and this one would be super simple to make. I like that you added magnets to it. My kids get so frustrated when the the pieces move when they are playing with matching games.