I love making toys for J to play with. Lately it seems like I’ve been lacking inspiration in this area. So, I thought I’d do some research on DIY toys and then share all the goodies with you! Some are pretty simple, while others require a bit more skill. I tried to cover them all!
So get ready for 50 Handmade Toys for Kids…..
Just for Toddlers
1. Toddler Dominos – Artsy Ants
2. Feed the Dog – Dirt and Boogers
3. Toy Laptop – Monzanitas
4. Clothes Pin Drop – Dirt and Boogers
5. Sensory Bags – Growing a Jeweled Rose
6. Toddler Tubes – Teach Preschool
7. Eco Friendly Blocks – The Educator’s Spin On
8. Tree Blocks – Quirky Mamas
9. Building Block Puzzle – Paint on the Ceiling
10. Velcro Story Blocks – The Nature of Grace
11. Soft Blocks for Baby – Zaaberry
12. I Spy Book – Delia Creates
13. No-Sew Quiet Book – All For the Boys
14. Family Board Books – Utah Country Mom
15. Toddler Board Books – Teach Preschool
16. Emotion Books – Dirt and Boogers
17. Toddler Memory Book – The Red Kitchen
18. Car Wash – Dirt and Boogers
19. Pretend Car – The Boo and The Boy
20. Parking Garage – Boy Mama Teacher Mama
21. Felt Car Mat – Iowa Farmers Wife
22. Cozy Car Caddy – Homemade By Jill
Dolls and Doll Houses
23. A House for Dolls – Young House Love
24. Waldorf Inspired Doll – Doing Without
25. Fabric Doll House – A Girl and A Glue Gun
26. Doll Suitcase – Hart and Sew
Dress Up and Pretend Play
27. Super Hero Capes – Mama Smiles
28. Child’s Tool Belt – Make It Love It
29. Dinosaur Dress Up – Happy Whimsical Hearts
30. Jet Packs – Boy Mama Teacher Mama
31. Bird Wings – Llevoe Linvierno
32. Ribbon Wands – Happy Whimsical Hearts
33. Fox Masks – Mumma Made It
34. Doctor Felt Play Set – Sew Can Do
35. DIY Teepee – Taming the Goblin
36. Felt Wands – Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Large Motor Play
37. Lego Bean Bags – Busy Kids Happy Mom
38. Get Up and Move Dice – Growing a Jeweled Rose
39. DIY Bean Bag Toss – Dirt and Boogers
40. Alphabet Bean Bags – Taming the Goblin
41. Jingle Bell Bracelets – Two Big Two Little
42. Tin Can Backyard Band – Growing a Jeweled Rose
43. Rain Stick – The Imagination Tree
44. Baby Time Music – The Educator’s Spin On It.
45. Popsicle Stick Puzzles – Motherhood on a Dime
46. Rainbow Stacker – Happy Whimsical Hearts
47. Sun Bleached Puzzle – SB Creatively
48. Toilet Roll Puzzle – Craft Bits
49. Felt Rainbow Sorter – One Perfect Day
50. Magnetic Puzzle – No Time for Flash Cards
Whew! 50 Fantastic Homemade Toys! Hope this helped inspire you to make something fun for your kids!
Awesome round up! pinning this to refer back to later as well- already notice a couple I have never seen before. Thanks!
Thanks for pinning! So glad you like the post.
Growing a Jeweled Rose
This is fabulous. Thanks for including our ideas! x
You’re welcome! You do some great stuff girl!
Among the many things I learned from your post today – I bookmarked A LOT! – is that magnets stick to tin cookie sheets. Never thought of that, duh!
Great post, thank you!
A yes! There are so many great magnetic things you can do with cookie sheets! So happy you liked the post my friend!
Boy Mama Teacher Mama
This is awesome!!!!
Boy Mama Teacher Mama
Just shared this on my FB page and on my blog! http://boymamateachermama.com/2012/08/28/boy-mama-50-homemade-toys-for-kids-from-dirt-and-boogers/ Love it so much!!!
Thank you so much!! You contributed some great ideas!
what a great list of ideas! thanks so much for sharing the wands, my boys love them. Will share this post fb…. Thanks for sharing, Jaime@FSPDT
Happy Whimsical Hearts
Love, love, loving this fantastic list! Such great ideas 🙂 I’ve pinned it too – and thanks so much for sharing a few of ours xx
Wow what a great collection of Brilliant ideas. I better break out the glue and sewing kit.love the parking garage. Thanks for including us
What a great list! It took me forever to get through it because I pretty much clicked and loved each link! Thanks for putting it together.
FUN!! I was just looking for something like this because I want to start getting ready for the holidays. Thanks for posting this one.
Tim, Allyson, and kids
Wow! Such great toys. I’ll be clicking through for some homemade gift ideas.
We’d love for you to link up at our Finished Friday blog party.
Alphabet and number puzzles are very popular with this age group. Floor puzzles with large pictures are a great buy too. I wouldn’t recommend puzzles with a high piece count for younger kids. It can get intimidating if they are not able to figure things out.
RC toys shop - kids toys
Really appriciating work. All toys are best. Its hard to choice which one is good.
These homemade toys look great. Kids would definately have a lot of fun creating them and playing with them. There are a lot of different toys to choose from depending on what your child feels like playing with today. Great tip ideas also.
At a young age, puzzles help children to develop fine motor skills, which in everyday terms means the ability to make small or fine movements.
Well it wasn’t what i wanted to find but I totally LOVE the girl toy house. You know the one that says a girl and a glue gun
Children can use their traditional toys and play products and bring them outside! For example, stacking blocks on the grass will provide a tactilely friendly appeal and tickle the child’s senses during play.
Finlee and Me
I love handmade toys. We were given a handmade abacus type toy when our eldest was a toddler and he loved it. Many hours were spent moving the balls around in all sorts of loops and dips.
This is just amazing. Beautiful creations…
Ness - One Perfect Day
What an amazing collection of ideas. Thanks so much for including our felt rainbow sorter.
Best toys ever. For real!
Wooww, it will take my whole summer for all these stuffs. Many Thanks!
i love Fabric Doll House 😀
And i will make for my son !
How Can You Get Followers On Instagram
Wow, this article is nice, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, so
I am going to convey her.
What a great list! Wow, I’m definitely going to try some of these.
These are awesome! I like the creativity. 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
I like parking garage idea! My son will l love playing with it. That’s great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Really a great list of toys. Thank you very much. I was wondering about buying some toys for my sweet little daughter and this article really help me a lot. Each toy and book on this list is really very adorable. Now I’m going for the Doll house. And I have bookmarked it for later! And thanks again for this awesome list.